Sunday, September 16, 2012

tissue of thread of rootbeer candy

I am in someone else in their grandfather's garage, a curl of ancient grease,
fingers my nose, pulling me out to plowed earth, mosquitoes
fresh grass grown to long, strong enough for rope, I hang these memories there,
a school of dead fish, swims in the oily air, and deer from
every season, and off season in lean years- click hooves on the last
remaining concrete not cracked to dust

this smell is my legacy, the farm sold to cover medical costs,
keeping an angry life alive one-more-year (that year) invisible
tears hardened in to gold, and burned a blessing in to my
skin, or the skin that used to be ME- it all separated in a panic
every street became a sea, and to cross them was death defying.

Still there was comfort there, eventually, a bargain can be made for
peace- hell can be parceled out, slowly through a life time, Thank God
and so I joined the family in ways I didn't even recognize, bring my
hand to my face, 100 times daily, a liquid rosary where my
hand and heart mumbled love and disappeared in to that word

No comments: